For clients coming to Australia from overseas, our experience extends through the whole process: from the first steps of establishing a corporate structure, financing the Australian operations and contracting with Australian businesses to complying with Australian tax law and helping repatriate profits home.
For Australian clients, we help manage their expansion overseas and the return of profits to Australia in a tax effective manner.
We also assist the directors and shareholders of businesses coming to Australia with their personal tax and wealth positions.
Several of our team have previously worked in major chartered accounting practices, which provides us with the ability to work more closely with accountants and ensures we have an understanding of the issues that confront them.
Our team have had a number of significant wins on residency disputes with the ATO in the last few years including Dempsey and Commissioner of Taxation  AATA 335
We have significant experience in:
- providing strategic and compliance advice on complex income tax, CGT and GST issues for non-residents investing in Australia and Australian residents investing or living overseas
- providing advice and acting in disputes with the ATO on the residency status of individuals, which has generated a substantial volume of disputes since 2009
- helping clients repatriate profits either to Australia, or home from Australia
- advising on thin capitalisation and transfer pricing issues
- preparing transfer pricing agreements to comply with transfer pricing rules in Australia and overseas.