Clinton has extensive experience providing commercial and tax related advice to accountants, financial planners and other lawyers on a wide range of issues, including superannuation, stamp duty and tax.
Clinton provides specialist advice on trusts and structuring, superannuation, business succession and complex estate planning, as well as commercial issues including asset and business acquisitions and disposals, share sale agreements, shareholder and partnership agreements, and corporate and trust restructures.
Clinton is an accredited SMSF Specialist Advisor™ and regularly presents seminars and training sessions on superannuation and tax.
- Bachelor of Laws – Queensland University of Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – Queensland University of Technology
- Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland
- Member – SPAA (SMSF Professionals’ Association of Australia)
- Member – Queensland Young Lawyers
- Providing revenue law advice to a range of private clients, including preparation objections to the ATO and Offices of State Revenue.
- Providing advice to trustees in relation to their obligations and powers under a trust deed, including seeking directions from the Supreme Court.
- In the UK, Clinton provided advice to the public authorities on:
- procurement and competition issue
- acquisition and disposal of assets (including from/to government owned corporations)
- contracts with third parties
- funding arrangements with the United Kingdom government and local organisations
- advice in relation to the provision of health care services to the public
- advice in relation to a development of Dubai World Ports
- its constitution and corporate governance practices
- internal policies and procedures.