Greg has more than 30 years’ experience in providing specialist advice to accountants, other financial service providers and lawyers on a wide range of direct and indirect tax issues (particularly income tax, CGT, GST), state taxes and superannuation.
Greg regularly speaks at seminars for professional bodies such as the Institute of Chartered Accountants, CPA Australia, the Taxation Institute of Australia, Television Education Network and the Queensland Law Society.
Greg has been listed for his tax and trust expertise in Best Lawyers Australia 2012-2015.
- Listed by Best Lawyers Australia for Commercial Law, Tax Law and Trusts and Estates (2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015).
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and Bachelor of Commerce – University of Queensland
- Certificate of Superannuation Management – Macquarie University
- Chartered Tax Advisor
- Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland
- Acted in numerous business and share sale and purchase transactions.
- Trusted adviser for a number of large private corporate groups.
- Represented many clients in dealings with the Australian Taxation Office and other revenue authorities, including successfully applying for private mining rulings, assisting clients in tax audits and objections and appeals.
- Provides specialist advice and support services to a very large number of accounting and financial advisory firms throughout Australia.
- ‘Trust Deed Amendments (Life after Clark’s case)’, Queensland Law Society Annual Succession Law Conference, November 2013.
- ‘Disablement & Death – the Unexpected Exit (Business Succession)’, Taxation Institute Queensland Division, October 2013.
- ‘Property Joint Ventures – Getting them Right’, Television Education Network, Business and Property Tax Conference, March 2013.
- ‘Estate Planning Strategies and Traps for Clients with Discretionary Trusts’, Queensland Law Society Succession Law Conference, November 2012.
- ‘Professional Practice Structures – the Commissioner on the Warpath’, Television Education Network Business and Property Tax Conference, March 2012.
- ‘Selling the farm – issues for small scale subdivisions’, Tax Institute 2011 property briefing, August 2011.
- ‘Family Law, Tax and Family Breakdown’, Taxation Institute Queensland Division, October 2010.
- ‘Asset Protection Issues’, Taxation Institute Queensland State Convention, June 2010.
- ‘Structuring for Asset Protection’, Taxation Institute Queensland Division, March 2010.
- ‘Issues for establishing and using trusts’, Taxation Institute Queensland Division, May 2009.
- ‘Trust Update’, Taxation Institute Queensland Division SME Intensive, February 2008.
- ‘Trusts – Impact of Recent Cases on your Practice’, Taxation Institute Queensland Division, August 2007.
- ‘Terminating Trusts’, Taxation Institute Queensland Division, September 2005.