As an associate in Cooper Grace Ward’s commercial team, Caitlin advises on a broad range of tax and revenue matters and works to obtain favourable outcomes for her clients in dealing with revenue authorities.
Caitlin’s experience includes income tax (including CGT, international tax and residency issues), GST, FBT, stamp duty, payroll tax, land tax, luxury car tax and customs duties.
Caitlin assists clients with applications for private rulings and discretionary relief, managing disputes at the audit and objection stages, and appeals to the AAT, QCAT, Federal Court and Supreme Court.
- Objecting to ATO and OSR assessments for tax and penalties.
- Assisting clients with responding to ATO reviews and audits.
- Applying for private rulings from the ATO.
- Applying for discretionary relief including remission of general interest charge (GIC) and unpaid tax interest (UTI) and ex gratia relief.
- Negotiating arrangements with the ATO for the payment of tax debts.
- Managing appeals of ATO and OSR decisions in the AAT, QCAT, Federal Court and Supreme Court.
- Managing customs disputes in relation to tariff classifications, tariff concession orders and drawbacks of import duty.
- Making voluntary disclosures to the ATO.
- Advising on a range of tax and revenue matters.
- Preparing direct and indirect tax sharing agreements, employee share schemes, facility agreements and agreements with service entities.
- Bachelor of Laws (1st Class Honours) – University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Commerce – University of Queensland
- Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland
- Doyle’s Guide 2020 – Rising Star – Tax Law.