Scott and his team specialise in advising on tax, superannuation, structuring and restructuring, and estate planning and succession. This includes assisting accountants, financial planners, lawyers and other professional advisers with helping their clients deal with these issues.
Scott regularly provides training sessions on superannuation, tax and estate planning and succession issues and is an SMSF Specialist AdvisorTM accredited by the SMSF Association.
In addition, Scott is on the board of the SMSF Association and a member of the Society of Trust and Estate practitioners.
Scott is listed in Best Lawyers Australia for Superannuation Law, Trusts and Estates, Wealth Management / Succession Planning Practice. Additionally, Scott was named Best Lawyers’ 2016 Brisbane Wealth Management / Succession Planning Practice ‘Lawyer of the Year’, Best Lawyers’ 2019 Brisbane Superannuation ‘Lawyer of the Year’ and the 2019 Superannuation Lawyer of the Year.
- Advising on a wide range of tax, superannuation, structuring and restructuring, and estate planning and succession matters.
- Advising on all aspects of business structuring and business and estate planning, sales and purchases of businesses, providing advice in relation to trusts, company matters, superannuation funds, tax and stamp duty.
- Delivering documentation for the establishment of trusts, superannuation and company structures.
- Advising on tax and related matters, including interpreting revenue laws and applying for revenue rulings.
- ‘SMSF Borrowing: top 10 tips”, Australian Family Business Magazine, Summer 2012.